Guide to Roulette Games
A very easy game to play, Roulette has the action and high payouts to satisfy even the most experienced casino player. One spin of the wheel is all it takes to create overnight success. The rules for playing classic and online roulette are almost the same, so you don't need to learn them twice.
The Roulette Table
All roulette tables have an area for placing bets, plus a spinning wheel with numbered slots from 1-36. The numbers are successively colored black and red. There are two versions of roulette, American and European. The main difference is that the American roulette version has a 0 and 00 slot whereas European roulette has the single 0 slot. 0/00 slots are green in color.
Betting in Roulette
There are two main categories of bet in roulette: inside and outside bets. Inside bets are mainly on smaller number combinations whereas outside bets tend to be on categories of numbers.
|Straight-up bet||Bet on a single number||35:1|
|Street bet||Pick three numbers||11:1|
|Square bet||Four number bet||8:1|
|Split bet||Any two numbers||17:1|
|Five number bet||Pick 0,00,1,2,3||6:1|
|Column bet||Betting on any column of numbers||2:1|
|Color bet||Black/red numbers||Even money|
|Odd/even||Odd or even numbers||Even money|
|High/Low||Higher/lower than 19||Even money|
|Dozen bet||Any of the 3 dozens of numbers||2:1|
Points to Note
When play roulette game at online or land casino you must be very careful as this is mostly a game of luck. Go for trusted Aussie online casinos lists and check for roulette bonuses before playing. Moreover, remember the following points that can make your gameplay smooth as well as lucky.
- Avoid the five number bet; it has the highest house edge (7.89%).
- Even/odd bet has the least house advantage.
- Favor playing European roulette. The American version of roulette with its extra 00 slot makes it harder to win with a house edge of nearly double the European version.
- Find casinos that offer the “en prison” or “surrender” options. It lets your money stay on the table during even money bets.
- Money management, as with all gambling, becomes vital to your success. Plan in advance how much money you can afford to lose and choose a plan you can stick to. This ensures you will still be on the table when the spin of the ball favors you!